Ensure that the pressure systems are functioning properly
If your coffee machine has a boiler it will require a PSSR inspection. The Pressure Systems Safety Regulations were put in place in 2000.
They require pressurized steam systems (from steam-generating coffee machines to large commercial boilers) to be inspected annually to demonstrate compliance and ensure equipment safety.
We can assist you with this obligation.
Whether it is acting as an engineer, inspector, or both, its just one of the services we provide.
Why Boiler Inspections are
of utmost importance
The statutory examination is designed to ensure that the pressure system within your commercial machine is “safe” for continued operation and therefore helps to protect each person who may be in contact with or in the vicinity of that machine.
The system examination procedure includes:
- Safe and complete shutdown of the coffee machine.
- Inspection and testing of the steam pressure boiler, associated pressure system, and pipework according to a Written Scheme of Examination.
- Reassembly of the coffee machine with a heating element gasket replacement.
- Hot testing to ensure protective/control devices function per manufacturer recommendations.
- Submission of findings to the support team for a detailed examination report and Written Scheme of Examination.
- If the machine fails, a second visit is required, and the equipment must remain at zero pressure until full maintenance is conducted and a Written Scheme of Examination is in place.
An annual planned coffee machine maintenance is recommended in 6 month, annual or per cups intervals.
Some common components of coffee machine maintenance service pricing may include:
- Inspection and cleaning
- Replacement of worn or damaged parts
- Calibration and adjustment
- Preventative maintenance
The pricing for coffee machine maintenance service will depend on several factors, such as the complexity of the machine, the extent of the needed repairs or maintenance, and the geographic location of the service provider.
It’s important to get a detailed quote to ensure that we can make an informed pricing decision.
More About PSSR and Coffee Machine Statutory Examinations
Main Steps of the Procedure
We learn what kind of you coffee equipment you have and discuss about your maintenance practices.
Inspection and testing of the steam pressure boiler, associated pressure system, and pipework according to a Written Scheme of Examination.
Completion of the Testing Procedure
Reassembly of the coffee machine with a heating element gasket replacement.
Submission of findings to the support team for a detailed examination report and Written Scheme of Examination.