Working life as an engineer
A career with variety
Variety is a key aspect of engineering, with a range of different working environments to choose from.
A typical day as an coffee machine engineer very much depends on the type of role and sector you are in. A PMV engineer may work on one or two types of machines for a long period while a mechanical / Reactive engineer might have several projects on the go all at the same time.
duties typically include:
- assessing project requirements
- measuring the performance of mechanical components
- agreeing budgets, timescales and specifications with clients and managers
- maintaining and modifying equipment to ensure that it is safe, reliable and efficient
- undertaking relevant research for parts and updated software
- testing, evaluating, modifying and re-testing products
- writing reports and documentation
- providing technical advice
- analysing and interpreting data.
- customer relationship skills
- and of course how to make the perfect cup of coffee
Each day is a different day within our industry and we always adapted to the current change